What to Expect This Season
Here is What to Expect this Season
As we get closer to the start of our upcoming season – your two most frequently asked questions are answered below
What will the on-ice product look like?
- 5-on-5 full-ice hockey for ages U11 and up
- U9 will begin with half ice games and transition to full ice games on Jan. 15th
- U8 will be a full season of half ice games & practices
- U7 has one ice time per week teaching the fundamentals of hockey & skating
- Full-sized teams (maximum 15 skaters and 2 goalies)
- Traditional game play rules
What facility protocols are in place?
The City of Kingston and KFL&A Public Health no longer have any restrictions/protocols in pace when using any of the City of Kingston arenas.
The most recent statement from the Province of Ontario (June 2022) – “With high vaccination rates and Ontario’s COVID-19 situation continuing to improve, most of the province’s remaining provincial masking requirements, including on public transit, will expire as of 12:00 a.m. on June 11, 2022. To continue providing an additional layer of protection for the most vulnerable, masks will still be required in long-term care and retirement homes. COVID-19 Province of Ontario website/news – COVID-19 public health measures and advice | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
These protocols are based on existing circumstances and are subject to change as the season progresses depending on the public health situation.