COVID 19 Information
The Church Athletic League (CAL) is once again looking forward to hosting youth hockey this coming 2020-21 season. The CAL is governed by Hockey Canada, the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) and the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA), and all return to play decisions must be in line with these governing bodies with final approval from OMHA. We must also adhere to provincial government and KFL&A Public Health unit regulations.
COVID-19 Safety Committee
Church Athletic League Hockey Associations Commitments
OUR “TEN COMMANDMENTS” IN THE BATTLE AGAINST COVID-19
- Self-screen before leaving for the arena. If you or anyone close to you feels even a little symptomatic…STAY AWAY! Rejoin us when you are feeling better.
- Before entering the arena facility, put on a mask that covers your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Follow directions from arena staff, arena signs, and KFL&A Public Health. Playing is a privilege and watching is a luxury that we might have to forgo.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry to the facility, before you leave, and after touching anything. Soap and water are best; hand sanitizer works.
- Maintain separation whenever possible! 6 feet apart, or at least a hockey stick away!
- No spitting! Not anywhere!
- No sharing of equipment. If you forget a piece of required equipment, you will not be able to play.
- Bring your own personal water bottle. Label it with your name and never touch anyone else’s.
- Mask on until helmet is on. Helmet comes off; mask goes back on!
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled ice time and be as prepared as possible. Wash your equipment as soon as possible after you leave.
Getting back to hockey has been a long time coming. We are excited to be back. However, to keep enjoying the game we love, we all must do our part to keep each other safe. Thanks very much for doing your part!