Annual General Membership Meeting
The Fall Annual General Membership Meeting will be held on Monday November 25th 2018 at the Invista Centre - Meeting Room C - beginning at 7:00 PM. All current CAL Members are invited to attend.
Order of Business for the meeting is:
- Opening Prayer
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- Communications Report
- Treasurers Report
- Presidents Report
- Committee Reports
- Amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws - Two (2) Amendments - See Below
- Other Business
- Adjournment and closing prayer
Agenda Items can be submitted to the CAL Office
Click the following for detailed Information:
The OHF requires all CAL players, coaches and parents to verify they have received and reviewed the OHF Concussion Code of Conduct and the Concussion Awareness Resources provided by the Government of Ontario. Players, coaches and parents must commit to operating within the parameters of the OHF Concussion Code of Conduct.
The Ontario Government has enacted Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), 2018, S.O. 2018, c. 1 (“Act”). Ontario Regulation 161/19, the Act requires all sport organizations as defined in the Regulation (“Sports Organization”), which includes the Ontario Hockey Federation (“OHF”), to have a Concussion Code of Conduct. This Concussion Code of Conduct must require participants, as set out in the Act, to review the Ontario Government’s issued Concussion Awareness Resources on an annual basis. A participant is subject to a Concussion Code of Conduct for each Sports Organization a participant registers with
Review the appropriate resource:
Print and Sign the Acknowledge Form:
Registration NOW AVAILABLE for 2019-2020 season
Registration for the Church Athletic Leagues 2019-2020 Hockey Programs begins on June 15th. Again this year, the CAL is offering House League Hockey Programs from Initiation through Midget. Additionally, we have a full slate of Pre-Season Hockey Programs, Roster Select Assessments and our Fall Power Skating. Additional details about these programs can be viewed in the PD Programs and Clinics section. You can view the financial information for the House League Programs in the Fees section below.
The Church Athletic League is the home of Family Friendly Hockey, you're invited to experience the difference. Please select one of the four following registration options:
1. Online Registration:
- Returning members can create a secure login account & register each family member.
- Visa or Mastercard payments available.
- Cash or Personal Cheque options available.
- Not available to Fort Henry players.
- Not available to New/First Time Players.
Online Registration Page:
2. Print the Registration Form:
- Print form from below & walk in or mail in (CAL Office re-opens August 9th).
- Cash or Personal Cheque payment options available.
- No Credit Card payments in person.
- Fort Henry player registration info Can Be Viewed Here.
Two new goaltender friendly initiatives are being introduced in the CAL this season.
First, there is a substantial reduction in goaltender registration fees for Atom and Peewee goalies.
- Atom Goalie Fees have fees reduced by $475.00 for the 2019-2020 season.
- Atom House League Goalie Registration Fee is $160.00 !
- Goalies will be required to provide all of their own equipment.
- PeeWee Goalie Fees have been reduced by $375.00 for the 2019-2020 season.
- PeeWee House League Goalie Registration Fee is $380.00
- Goalies will be required to provide all of thier own equipment.
Secondly, the CAL will once again have Goaltender Clinics on Sunday afternoons beginning in October.
Details to follow.
The Church Athletic League is pleased to announce that this season(2019/20) we will be offering free clinics registered CAL goalies of all ages. The clinics will be led by dedicated CAL volunteers Andre Bouchard and Geoff MacDonald.
These clinics are designed to help the league’s new and current goaltenders learn and develop goaltending skills to improve their abilities and overall enjoyment of the game. It is also open to all CAL coaches to help them learn more goalie specific drills and how to better incorporate them in their team practice.
This 9-week program will take place on Sunday afternoons from 2:00-2:50 pm at the Memorial Centre beginning in October.
Vacant Position - Treasurer Position
The Church Athletic League is seeking interested applicants for the position of Treasurer. This is a volunteer position, and the successful applicant will also serve on the Board of Directors.
Description of the Treasurers role is outlined CAL Treasurer
The position will remain open until filled.