Click the following for detailed Information:
Important upcoming dates:
- Pre-season begins Friday, Sept 6
- PD assessments begin Saturday, Sept 7
- CAL D1 and COACH 1 CLINIC, Sept 7 and 8
- Novice and New player assessments, Saturday, Sept 14
- Coaches’ Meeting, Wednesday, Sept 18
- House League practices begin Saturday, Sept 21
- House League schedules begin Saturday, Sept 28
In an effort to control the cost of hockey for parents, the CAL will be holding an equipment exchange at the Memorial Centre on Saturday, September 21st from 1-4pm.
This means we are looking for hockey equipment donations. Please look through your stuff and if you have items to donate please do so at the CAL office in the Kingston Memorial Centre or email Luke Harris for an East End Drop off location address. Donations can be dropped off anytime before September 22. (Please note that the Fall Fair is taking place September 12-15 and access to the Memorial Centre may be restricted during that time.)
You may also want to consider donating any coaching equipment for which you no longer have use such as whistles, coaching boards, pucks, and pylons. Referee gear will also be accepted.
Equipment will then be available at the M-Centre on September 21st 1-4pm on a first come, first served basis. There is no cost if you need the gear and we have it, you can take it.
*Please note that, due to issues of liability, we will NOT be accepting helmets or goalie masks. All other items of hockey equipment, including sticks and skates, will be accepted and available.
Registration NOW AVAILABLE for 2019-2020 season
Registration for the Church Athletic Leagues 2019-2020 Hockey Programs begins on June 15th. Again this year, the CAL is offering House League Hockey Programs from Initiation through Midget. Additionally, we have a full slate of Pre-Season Hockey Programs, Roster Select Assessments and our Fall Power Skating. Additional details about these programs can be viewed in the PD Programs and Clinics section. You can view the financial information for the House League Programs in the Fees section below.
The Church Athletic League is the home of Family Friendly Hockey, you're invited to experience the difference. Please select one of the four following registration options:
1. Online Registration:
- Returning members can create a secure login account & register each family member.
- Visa or Mastercard payments available.
- Cash or Personal Cheque options available.
- Not available to Fort Henry players.
- Not available to New/First Time Players.
Online Registration Page:
2. Print the Registration Form:
- Print form from below & walk in or mail in (CAL Office re-opens August 9th).
- Cash or Personal Cheque payment options available.
- No Credit Card payments in person.
- Fort Henry player registration info Can Be Viewed Here.
Two new goaltender friendly initiatives are being introduced in the CAL this season.
First, there is a substantial reduction in goaltender registration fees for Atom and Peewee goalies.
- Atom Goalie Fees have fees reduced by $475.00 for the 2019-2020 season.
- Atom House League Goalie Registration Fee is $160.00 !
- Goalies will be required to provide all of their own equipment.
- PeeWee Goalie Fees have been reduced by $375.00 for the 2019-2020 season.
- PeeWee House League Goalie Registration Fee is $380.00
- Goalies will be required to provide all of thier own equipment.
Secondly, the CAL will once again have Goaltender Clinics on Sunday afternoons beginning in October.
Details to follow.
The Church Athletic League is pleased to announce that this season(2019/20) we will be offering free clinics registered CAL goalies of all ages. The clinics will be led by dedicated CAL volunteers Andre Bouchard and Geoff MacDonald.
These clinics are designed to help the league’s new and current goaltenders learn and develop goaltending skills to improve their abilities and overall enjoyment of the game. It is also open to all CAL coaches to help them learn more goalie specific drills and how to better incorporate them in their team practice.
This 9-week program will take place on Sunday afternoons from 2:00-2:50 pm at the Memorial Centre beginning in October.
Vacant Position - Treasurer Position
The Church Athletic League is seeking interested applicants for the position of Treasurer. This is a volunteer position, and the successful applicant will also serve on the Board of Directors.
Description of the Treasurers role is outlined CAL Treasurer
The position will remain open until filled.